Head of Direct Sourcing (m/f/x)
as of now
Wholesale trade (production goods)
Purchasing, Logistics & SCM
Tasks & Objectives
- Leads the Sourcing of Direct Materials (ca. € 400 Mio Spend)
- Her/his main focus will be on continuing the already started transformation of the procurement organization
- Development of a transformation roadmap with a clear target to implement proven procurement standards and processes, e.g. category strategies, gain spend transparency, KPI based performance management
- Development and implementation of cost reduction potentials group wide
- Lead the development of a KPI benchmark system for the international demands
- Continuous improvement to refine existing processes and tools and to develop the next generation of activities and/or tools (RFQ/RFP's, supply agreements, PO variances, supplier set up, risk assessments etc.)
- Lead, motivate and develop a team of strategic purchasers to execute strategic sourcing initiatives
- Supplier selection, negotiating and contracting, supplier onboarding and performance monitoring
- Ensure sustainable service, product and supplier quality as well as delivery guarantee
Personnel accountability21 Employees
Budget accountability400 million Euro
Requirements & Expertise
Notwendiger Erfahrungshintergrund (an konkreten Projekten belegbar)
- Strong senior management personality with successful track record in leadership and change management.
- Brings long years of experience in Sourcing/Purchasing in an European or ideally global setup.
- Has worked with state-of-the-art processes in Supply Chain and Sourcing.
- Brings experience in transforming and realignment of supply chain processes.
- Has experience in managing diverse and multicultural teams in a matrix situation.
- Highly organized and KPI driven.
- Is fluent in English, further language skills are an asset.